<DISCLAIMER>I am not a Python core developer, but my question relates
to changes that are expected in Python 3.10, so I felt this was the
best forum to ask. Please let me know if I should discuss this
elsewhere or file a documentation bug.</DISCLAIMER>

First of all, thank you Yuri Selivanov and everybody who contributed
to the overhaul of the asyncio docs which are now much better
organized.

In the process of updating "Fluent Python" to cover Python 3.9, I
learned that the "Generator-based coroutines" section in the asyncio
docs warns that "Support for generator-based coroutines is deprecated
and is scheduled for removal in Python 3.10." [1]

[1]
https://docs.python.org/3/library/asyncio-task.html#generator-based-coroutines

I don't understand that warning, given that PEP 492 lists as one of
the awaitable types:

* A generator-based coroutine object returned from a function
decorated with types.coroutine().

Perhaps what is going to be removed is support for old style
generator-based coroutines decorated with @asyncio.coroutine, or not
decorated (which historically also worked)?

I'd appreciate some clarification on exactly what is going to be removed.

Maybe we also need updates to the Glossary [2] to bridge the gap
between our previous use of the word "coroutine" (as in PEP 342) and
the way we are using it today, when we are not being explicit about
"native coroutines". In particular, the Glossary has no entry at all
for "generator-based coroutine"—those marked with @types.coroutine.

[2] https://docs.python.org/3/glossary.html

Thank you for your time and help!

Cheers,