> Why would you want a different flavor of ExceptionGroup?

The easiest example you took care of by saving the exceptions in a list instead
of a set.  Next would be the ExceptionGroup vs BaseExceptionGroup that I
*don't* like, but someone might.  There are also libraries that promise to
raise only exceptions derived (possibly through multiple inheritance) from a
particular marker exception.

But honestly, my biggest concern is that it just seems wrong for any class to
be final, and it has sometimes been an irritant even for such obvious cases
cases as Boolean.  So why is this so special?

-jJ