On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 9:04 AM Ivan Pozdeev via Python-Dev
<python-dev@python.org> wrote:
> Also, how is the now-split-off funcionality to be invoked? Does it require
> two or more imports now, or it's imported on demand when one
> invokes an appropriate test.support entry?

By the way, splitting test.support into sub-modules is also a way to
work around the lack of lazy import in Python. It would be nice to
have this feature, but so far, no consensus on the lazy import
specification was reached.

One issue is that some use cases need the import side effects to be
applied as soon as the import is done ... It goes against the
principle of lazy import :-( I don't recall the details.

Victor