We are close to 3.10 beta and it is not ideal timing for removing.
So my proposal is:

* Remove 'U' in fileinput, because it makes my task little simpler.
* Remove 'U' in other places in Python 3.11, after 3.10 branch is
created (and master branch is renamed to main).

Inada Naoki  <songofaca...@gmail.com>