Hi,

Please review this documentation:

    https://docs.python.org/dev/using/configure.html

If you have comment, you can directly write a PR (please notify me by
mentioning @vstinner in a comment). Or if you prefer, you can reply
directly by email and I will try to address your remarks.

--

Over the last years, the configure script got more and more options. I
was always disappointed by the lack of documentation. It is also

I chose to not document *all* configure/compiler options. I skipped
generic configure options like --prefix. I copied the documentation
that I could find, but sadly many options are still not documented
yet.

For the first time, I wrote a description of in the infamous "Python
Debug Build", especially ("all") effects of this build:

    https://docs.python.org/dev/using/configure.html#debug-build

I also took the opportuniy to add links from configure --with-xxx
options to this documentation, and also add links from "debug mode" or
"debug build" terms to the Debug Build section.

Note: the online documentation is only updated once per day. The job
building the documentation of all Python versions in all supported
languages takes a whole day! If you want to help, visit:
https://github.com/python/docsbuild-scripts/

Victor