Irit Katriel via Python-Dev writes:

 > Andrei is suggesting to look at each enum value as the set of "bits set to
 > 1" in this value, and then apply a set-thoery term to the problem.
 > [...]  Anyway, I don't know whether this kind of terminology is
 > widely accessible.

I think the everyday meaning of "cover" is close enough to the set
theory meaning that only set theorists can be confused.  (Not a joke,
because I'm not sure exactly what Ethan intends.)  I'm not sure
"exact_cover" or "complete_cover" or similar are good names, but
they're as good as any I've seen so far.

 > Maybe you could use something like @composite. As in, every non-canonical
 > value in the enum is the composition of canonical values.

-1 on "composite".  "Compose" has other, more important meanings, and
isn't very suggestive of this kind of factorization, to me at least.

Steve