On Jun 23, 2021, at 16:34, Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Yes, we have a way to check all Fedora's Python packages by reusing our
> Python 3.10 pre-releases test-rebuild-everything mechanism, but it takes a
> few days to finish the builds and analyze the failures. Test failures caused
> by DeprecationWarnings are sometimes not obvious, e.g. not recognizable
> directly from the logs -- especially if they obscure some output that's
> checked for equality or line count (and all you get in the log is
> AssertionError: 20 != 21), or when they exit entire pytest session without
> any error message (arguably, that does not happen that often [1]).
>
> When such problems are found, it takes some time to report the problem to
> upstreams, fix the problem or workaround it (e.g. by filtering or ignoring
> the warning, which is not always trivial, especially when it propagates
> trough subprocess [2]).
>

> At this point of the release cycle, I'd rather recognize, triage and report
> regressions.

Given that we have a month and change from the first release candidate, that
should be enough time to fix any test failures due to these
DeprecationWarnings.  I defer to the RM but Pablo already approved it. :D

https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/26882

adds import time DeprecationWarnings to asyncore, asynchat, and smtpd.

Cheers,
-Barry