On Tue, 29 Jun 2021, 12:45 am Ethan Furman, <et...@stoneleaf.us> wrote:

> On 6/28/21 6:54 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>
>  > * Enum repr() changing back to the historical behaviour, unless you opt
> in to the
>  >   new behaviour with the global enum decorator: definite +1 here
>
> Question for Nick: this behavior is currently in place for stdlib
> enumerations, and has been since beta 0; are you
> saying this change should also be put off to 3.11 ?

I'm not sure what you mean by "this change". I don't think the change to
make repr() less informative for IntEnum instances should be done in any
version.

I think repr() should continue to show both the symbolic name and the
associated numeric value, as it did in 3.9 (I'm not worried about the exact
spelling, though, I just don't want to have to find and look up a
translation table when debugging).

Did I misunderstand the proposed change for the next beta?

Cheers,
Nick.