On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 9:31 PM Inada Naoki <songofaca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently, reference implementation of PEP 649 has been suspended.
> We need to revive it and measure performance/memory impact.

I volunteered to check performance impact in practice on the Instagram
codebase, which is almost fully annotated. However, when I tried, I
found that the reference implementation of PEP 649 wasn't even able to
import its own test file without a crash. I detailed the problem in
https://github.com/larryhastings/co_annotations/issues/12 a couple
months ago, but haven't gotten any response. Still willing to do this
testing on the IG codebase, but it seems like the implementation needs
some additional work before that will be possible.

Carl