On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 2:54 AM Ronald Oussoren via Python-Dev
<python-dev@python.org> wrote:
> I agree, but… Most CPython tests are run while running from the source tree,
> that means that there will have to be testrunner configurations that run with
> “-X frozen_modules=on”.

If the build option that determines the default is covered by existing
builtbots then we will be running the test suite in both modes without
any extra work.  The alternative is that we do for other modules what
we do with importlib: run the relevant tests one in each mode.
However, it's better to run the whole suite in both modes, so I'd
favor relying on the build-option-specific buildbots to get us
coverage.

-eric