Hello,

I'm happy to announce that CPython project is participating in
hacktoberfest.
I have just added the hacktoberfest topic to CPython's GitHub Repo (
https://github.com/python/cpython).

Caveat: if we end up receiving too many spammy, invalid, and low-quality
PRs which just adds burden to maintainers, we will opt-out of this
immediately. I will be watching incoming PRs for the next week to determine
whether we should opt-out.

If you're participating in hacktoberfest, your contribution to the repo
will count.
Instead of receiving a t-shirt, you can also choose to have a tree planted
on your behalf, which I personally recommend.

If you're a core dev, you can also participate and get rewarded by
reviewing and merging pull requests. If you spot spammy PRs, please add
either the "spam" or "invalid" label.

Another way to participate is by donating to participating open source
projects. You can donate to CPython development through GitHub Sponsors (
https://github.com/sponsors/python)

Hacktoberfest <https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/> is an annual event
organized by Digital Ocean, now in the 8th year, where aspiring
contributors are encouraged to contribute to open source projects.
I'm a member of the Hacktoberfest Advisory council
<https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/advisory-council>. If you have
concerns, feedback, and suggestions about this event, please do let me know
and I'll be sure to pass it along.

Thank you.