On Thu, 11 Nov 2021 12:39:50 +0000
Bob Fang <bob.fang.lon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > But if anyone wants to argue the "the stdlib should be shrinking, not
> > growing" position, I suggest they do so *before* someone reaches out
> > to the module author. No point in us making the suggestion and then
> > being forced to withdraw it.
>
> So I suppose we can take a poll on this? If majority of us agree then I am
> happy to reach out to the author since I am the one who started this thread.

Decisions are not made through voting, so that would be informative,
but little more :-)

I think it's better that you contact the author upfront, asking for a
provisional agreement about stdlib inclusion.  If he's not interested,
then no need to pursue it further.  If he's interested, then you can
start working on a more formal proposal (for example a PEP).

Regards

Antoine.