Speaking as the author of the doc pages, I think I can safely say that
anyone who was smart enough to use asyncore/asychat back in the day (I used
it in "Python Web Programming") is almost certainly smart enough to have
migrated away from them long ago. They were an interesting approach to
asynchronous networking, but I think it's safe to say that world has moved
on in 20 years.

Kind regards,
Steve