On 1/19/2022 5:01 PM, Barry Scott wrote:

Oh and if you use colours then you please give me the ability to set the colours for each usage.

IDLE has that for Error Text, along with other colors.

I have custom colour settings for a lots of unix too ls so that I get contrast etc. The defaults used may only work in light mode and be unusable dark mode for example.

IDLE's color settings come in themes. It comes with customizable light and dark themes.

At the moment, IDLE does not see the extended non-SyntaxError error ranges because the traceback module functions do not provide them by default, or by a function-call argument. But they are supposed to be accessible with some subclassing or monkey-patching, and I intend to do so.

--
Terry Jan Reedy