On 14. 02. 22 13:37, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 13:19:00 +0100
Petr Viktorin <encu...@gmail.com> wrote:

If we don't have much sympathy for projects that use private API where
does that leave pythoncapi_compat?

If you look at pythoncapi_compat.h, it provides backports for
recently-introduced public APIs such as PyObject_CallOneArg().

Yes.
On older Python versions, where the public API wasn't yet available, those backports use private API. If we change the private API in a point release, the backport will break.

Is this a proposal for "blessing" these specific workarounds, and making sure they don't break? That sounds nice, actually. It would mean some additional work, though.