On Tue, Mar 1, 2022 at 9:00 AM Joannah Nanjekye <nanjekyejoan...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Steering Council did a one hour Q&A recorded session with Visionary
> sponsor, Bloomberg.
>
> Is it possible to access this recording for transparency purposes or is
> it confidential?

We can ask, but I vaguely remember the folks at Bloomberg being told they
could ask us questions involving internal tech.

> I saw some people in another language community on a twitter thread where
> people were having
> rumours and speculations of similar discussions, thinking such companies
> influence community decisions.

If I remember correctly it was the same type of questions we have gotten
from the host of the core dev sprints: where do you see things going, do
you have plans for this, what's the next challenge for Python, etc. It's
actually just like the kind of Q&A that has occurred at PyCon US as well.
Usually the private nature stems more from people saying, "we have this
system at work that does this and what do you think of that," and not any
influence campaign.

The fact that I can't remember what was asked shows how influential the Q&A
was. 😄

And in case anyone happens to be ever concerned, the 2/5 rule for any
single company being on the SC is a direct way this is kind of concern is
stopped. After that is not voting for anyone you think won't put Python's
best interest ahead of corporate interests.

> Disclaimer: I personally trust the SC.

Thanks! 🙂

-Brett