Thank you for the straightforward explanation. May I ask you another question?
I don't understand the behavior of this waiting primitive. So here is the case
below:
```py
import asyncio

e = KeyboardInterrupt  # or SystemExit
async def sub_task():
    raise e

async def main_task():
    try:
        await asyncio.gather(
            # -- aws --
            sub_task(),
            asyncio.sleep(0)
        )
    except Exception as e:
        print('\tmain_task(), e:', repr(e))
        raise
    except BaseException as e:
        print('\tmain_task(), be:', repr(e))

if __name__ == '__main__':
    try:
        asyncio.run(main_task())
    except e:
        print(f'__main__ {e}')
```
When one coroutine `[sub_task()]`, result is:
        main_task(), be: CancelledError()
__main__ <class 'KeyboardInterrupt'>

When two coroutines `[sub_task(), sleep(0)]` , result is:
        main_task(), be: KeyboardInterrupt()
__main__ <class 'KeyboardInterrupt'>

Why are results so different when `aws` contains single coroutine or two
coroutines ?
Thank for your time
Yves