On 16/06/2022 16.29, Xavier de Gaye wrote:
Victor Stinner wrote:
> https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/66913 <https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/66913> doesn't explain how to reproduce the issue, it only gives some info about what doesn't work.
 > I don't know how to reproduce the issue.

Yes this issue does explain how to reproduce the problem. It even shows the backtrace printed when attempting to cross-build Android x86_64 on a linux x86_64. To reproduce the issue, just cross-build python for android x86_64 following the well documented process by the Android team.
It is not clear how this backtrace can be missed when reading the issue !

There is also a patch provided in this issue that is straightforward and that does not involve any change on distutils, only the Makefile and configure.

What Victor means that we would like to have clear instructions how to reproduce the problem ourselves. Could you please provide step by step instructions how I could set up a build environment on a X86_64 PC with a standard Linux distro (Fedora, Debian/Ubuntu)?

What packages have to be installed? Do I have to download any extra packages? How do I have to set up my build environment? Which commands do I have to execute? Is there a container image available that comes with everything pre-installed?

You mentioned well-documented process by the Android team. Could you please provide links to the relevant documents?

Christian