On Thu, Mar 02, 2006, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> On 3/2/06, Barry Warsaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 07:26 -0800, Aahz wrote:
>>>
>>> OTOH, my personal style is to always use re.compile() because I can
>>> never remember the order of arguments for re.match()/re.search().
>>
>> Agreed.
>
> I don't have that problem, because the order is the same either way:
>
>  re.compile(pattern).match(line)
>  re.match(pattern, line)

But that would require thinking!  ;-)  More seriously, much as I hate the
way ''.join() looks, I have never gotten mixed up about argument order as
I used to with string.join().
--
Aahz ([EMAIL PROTECTED])           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"19. A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming,
is not worth knowing."  --Alan Perlis