Baptiste Carvello wrote:

> They are not *that* obvious. Logical operations on ints have allowed users to
> forget about size (and shoot themselves in the foot from time to time). Or is
> 1^(~1) == -1 obvious ? Well, maybe that's not sane either :-)

It's about as sane as you can get in a world where ints
don't have any fixed size. Bytes objects will have a size,
on the other hand, and it makes sense to take notice of
it.

BTW, is anyone else bothered that the term "bytes object"
is a bit cumbersome? Also confusing as to whether it's
singular or plural. Could we perhaps call it a bytevector
or bytearray or something?

Greg