"M.-A. Lemburg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Perhaps we should have three lists:

>1. Py_ssize_t output parameters (these need changes)
>2. Py_ssize_t return values (these need overflow checks)
>3. Py_ssize_t input parameters (these can be used to enhance
   the extension)

If I were an extension writer in a position to need these, I am sure I
would prefer the three lists separated.  (Where housed would otherwise be
pretty irrelevant.)  I know I would strongly prefer to have them be
separate plain ascii text files linked to as appendixes rather than
incorporated into the PEP itself.

I might also like a separate doc (or wiki entry/ies) on updating extension
to use Py_ssize_t, with more than one persons experiences, if indeed it it
not trivial and straightforward.

Terry Jan Reedy