OK, I am going to write the PEP I proposed a week or so ago, listing
all modules and packages within the stdlib that are maintained
externally so we have a central place to go for contact info or where
to report bugs on issues.  This should only apply to modules that want
bugs reported outside of the Python tracker and have a separate dev
track.  People who just use the Python repository as their mainline
version can just be left out.

For each package I need the name of the module, the name of the
maintainer, homepage of the module outside of Python, and where to
report bugs.  Do people think we need to document the version that has
been imported into Python and when that was done as well?

Anyway, here is a list of the packages that I think have outside
maintenance (or at least have been at some point).  Anyone who has
info on them that I need, please let me know the details.  Also, if I
missed any, obviously speak up:

- bsddb (still external?)
- sqlite
- ctypes