Paul Moore wrote:
> 2. Distributors will supply .egg files rather than bdist_wininst
> installers (this is already happening).

Really people should at least be uploading source packages in addition
to eggs; it's certainly not hard to do so.

Perhaps a distributor quick intro needs to be written for the standard
library.  Something short; both distutils and setuptools documentation
are pretty long, and for someone who just has some simple Python code to
get out it's overwhelming.

Fredrik also asked for a document, but I don't think it is this
document; it wasn't clear to me what exactly he wanted documented.

--
Ian Bicking  /  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  /  http://blog.ianbicking.org