At 01:34 PM 4/22/2006 +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>Then why didn't you speak up when the discussion was summarised in PEP 343
>for
>Guido's approval? I said it explicitly:
>That may have been what you personally thought, but it's not what the PEP
>said.

By the way, Greg Ewing coined the term "context manager", combining my
proposals of "resource manager" and "context listener":

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-July/054607.html
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-July/054628.html

And from this email, it's clear that other people in the discussion
interpreted this term to refer to "thing given to the 'with' statement":

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-July/054615.html

However, you seemed to want to call this a "context", even then:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-July/054656.html

So, if anything is clear from all this, it's that nothing has ever been
particularly clear in all this.  :)

Or more precisely, I think everybody has been perfectly clear, we just
haven't really gotten on the same page about which words mean what.  ;)