On 5/4/06, Nick Coghlan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Guido has indicated strong dissatisfaction with the idea of subclassing
> str/unicode with respect to PEP 355.

That's not my only problem with that PEP; I'm not at all convinced
that an object is a better solution than a module for this particular
use case.

FWIW, subclassing tuple isn't any better in my book than subclassing
str/unicode.

My only other comment on this discussion: I don't really have time for
it; but don't let that stop you all from having a jolly good time. If
you need me to pronounce on something, put me (and python-dev) in the
To: header and limit your post to 20 lines.