Benji York wrote:

> Brett Cannon wrote:
>> But it does seem accurate; random checking of some modules that got high
>> but not perfect covereage all seem to be instances where dependency
>> injection would be required to get the tests to work since they were
>> based on platform-specific things.
>
>> I don't know if we need it hooked into the buildbots (unless it is dirt
>> cheap to generate the report).
>
> It would be interesting to combine the coverage over several platforms
> and report that.

The code coverage report should include how often a line got executed,
not just if it got executed at all. This makes it possible to se
hotspots in the code.

BTW, if there's interest, I can change the code behind
http://coverage.livinglogic.de so that instead of importing the data
into a database, static HTML files are created, so that we can run the
job more often on one of the Python servers. Currently the job runs once
a month with

   ./python Lib/test/regrtest.py -T -N -R ::
-uurlfetch,largefile,network,decimal

and takes about one hour to run the tests.

The source code is available from
http://styx.livinglogic.de/~walter/python/coverage/PythonCodeCoverage.py

Servus,
   Walter