On 6/18/06, "Martin v. Löwis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As for the comment: It apparently *is* misleading, George mistakenly
> took it as a requirement for future changes, rather than a factual
> statement about the present (even though it uses the tense of simple
> present). Anybody breaking 2.3 compatibility will have to remember
> to remove the comment, which he likely won't.

This sentiment is puzzling to me.  It seems you assume that we can trust
future developers to change the code but we can't trust them to update
the documentation.  So we can't have documentation even if it's factually
true just because someone might forget to update it?  Why is the mere
possibility of incorrect documentation in the future more significant
than actual correct documentation in the present?  Couldn't the same
argument be used to support removing all documentation from all code?

If you see a better way to word the comment to reduce the possibility
of misunderstanding, that's cool with me.  I'd just like people who
get their hands on the module to know that they can use it with 2.3.

-- ?!ng