At 09:55 AM 6/21/2006 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>BTW a switch in a class should be treated the same as a global switch.
>But what about a switch in a class in a function?

Okay, now my head hurts.  :)

A switch in a class doesn't need to be treated the same as a global switch,
because locals()!=globals() in that case.

I think the top-level is the only thing that really needs a special case
vs. the general "error if you use a local variable in the expression" rule.

Actually, it might be simpler just to always reject local variables -- even
at the top-level -- and be done with it.