On Oct 21, 2006, at 8:03 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Followup #2...

Yesterday I whittled my problems with test_sqlite on my OSX g5 to
test_ctypes and test_sqlite:

    ./python.exe Lib/test/regrtest.py -l -f tests
    test_ctypes
    test_sqlite
test test_sqlite failed -- errors occurred; run in verbose mode for details
    1 test OK.
    1 test failed:
        test_sqlite

Today I refined things further.  I renamed all the test_*.py files in
Lib/ctypes/test/ until all I was left with was test_find.py. It fails if
that's the only ctypes test script run:

    $ ls -l *.py
    -rw-------   1 buildbot  buildbot  6870 Oct 20 06:30 __init__.py
    -rw-------   1 buildbot  buildbot   624 Oct 20 06:30 runtests.py
    -rw-------   1 buildbot  buildbot  3463 Oct 21 12:52 test_find.py
montanaro:~/pybot/trunk.montanaro-g5/build/Lib/ctypes/test buildbot$ cd -
    /Library/Buildbot/pybot/trunk.montanaro-g5/build
montanaro:~/pybot/trunk.montanaro-g5/build buildbot$ ./ python.exe Lib/test/regrtest.py -l -f tests
    test_ctypes
    test_sqlite
test test_sqlite failed -- errors occurred; run in verbose mode for details
    1 test OK.
    1 test failed:
        test_sqlite

test_find.py contains checks for three OpenGL libraries on darwin: gl, glu and glut. If I comment out all those tests, test_sqlite succeeds. If any
of them are enabled, test_sqlite fails.

According to a comment in (IIRC) the pyOpenGL sources GLUT on OSX does a chdir() during initialization, that could be the problem here.

Ronald