[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I assert that it needs a better[1] interface because the current
> interface can lead to a variety of bugs through idiomatic, apparently
> correct usage.  All the more because many of those bugs are related to
> critical errors such as security and data integrity.

instead of referring to some esoteric knowledge about file systems that
us non-twisted-using mere mortals may not be evolved enough to under-
stand, maybe you could just make a list of common bugs that may arise
due to idiomatic use of the existing primitives?

I promise to make a nice FAQ entry out of it, with proper attribution.

</F>