On 28 Jan, 06:30 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>The discussion has been hampered by the lack of released code.  Only
>Orendorff's class has been widely used in production systems.  The
>others have either never been used or only by their authors; they
>haven't made it to the Cheeseshop.  Unipath is merely to say "Here's
>another way to do it; see if it works for you."  Certainly the Path
>methods need more testing and use in the real world before they'd be
>ready for the stdlib.  The FSPath methods are more experimental so I'd
>say they need a year of use before they can be considered sufficiently
>stable.

Mike is mistaken here; Twisted has a module, twisted.python.filepath, which has
been used extensively in production as well as by other projects.  You can see
such a project here (just the first hit on google code search):

http://www.google.com/codesearch?hl=en&q=+twisted+python+filepath+show:3PfULFjjkV4:Vyh6PbYbXnU:7_Cvpg7zWo4&sa=N&cd=30&ct=rc&cs_p=https://taupro.com/pubsvn/Projects/Xanalogica/ShardsKeeper/trunk&cs_f=shardskeeper.py#a0

and the source to the module itself here:

    http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/browser/trunk/twisted/python/filepath.py

Twisted's filepath implementation also provides a zipfile implementation of the
same interface, so that, for example, you can copy a directory in the
filesystem and put it into a zipfile with the same function.  We plan to
eventually also include tarfile and in-memory implementations.

Of course, I am FilePath's author, so I have a certain bias; but I think it
would be well suited to the standard library, and I would be interested to hear
any feedback on it, especially that which would make it unsuitable for
inclusion.