Phil Thompson schrieb:
> 1. Don't suggest to people that, in order to get their patch reviewed, they
> should review other patches. The level of knowledge required to put together
> a patch is much less than that required to know if a patch is the right one.

People don't *have* to review patches. They just can do that if they
want expedite review of their code.

> 2. Publically identify the core developers and their areas of expertise and
> responsibility (ie. which parts of the source tree they "own").

I doubt this will help. Much of the code isn't owned by anybody
specifically. Those parts that are owned typically find their patches
reviewed and committed quickly (e.g. the tar file module, maintained by
Lars Gustäbel).

> 4. Acceptance by core developers that only half the "job" is developing the
> core - the other half is mentoring potential future core developers.

So what do you do with core developers that don't do their job? Fire them?

Regards,
Martin