"Josiah Carlson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Alan is off his rocker.

To me, this sort of ad hominen comment is anti-productive and out-of-place
in technical discussion.

"Facundo Batista" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>It's better than yours.

This is a technical claim that can be debated.

>  Talk is cheap.

Though slightly indirect, this strikes me (as well as the target) as an ad
hominen slap that detracts from the technical argument in the rest of the
post.  See comment above.  I do my best to restrain and censor such add-on
comments and recommend the same to others, for both personal and public
benefit.

Terry Jan Reedy