Anthony Baxter writes:

 > Just a random aside - is anyone else getting increasingly annoyed by
 > these mass-mailed out survey requests from students?

Annoyed, not particularly.  Scared, yes: it's long been known that a
field=FIELD is moribund when people start getting "PhDs in FIELD" for
dissertations in "The History of FIELD".  I suspect that that same
concept applies to theses on "ADJECTIVE Management Practices in
FIELD".<wink>

This guy, however, has been at it for over a month, this is his fourth
(or so) mailing.  I think an entry in the Mailman persona-non-grata
list may be appropriate.