On Apr 29, 2007, at 9:07 PM, Greg Ewing wrote:
> Guido van Rossum wrote:
>
>> Nearly always wrong? You must be kidding. There are tons of
>> reasons to
>> call your super method with modified arguments. E.g. clipping,
>> transforming, ...
>
> That's a good point. Just because the *signature* is the
> same doesn't mean the *values* of the parameters need
> to be the same.

This is quite true, and is indeed one case where it can be right to
pass different arguments. Just in case there was confusion, I did not
intend to imply that it should be impossible to pass different
arguments, only that passing the same ones should be foolproof and
not require repeating yourself.

James