On Sat, May 19, 2007 at 07:14:09PM +0200, Georg Brandl wrote:
> For the impatient: the result can be seen at <http://pydoc.gbrandl.de>.

I think that looks great.

One comment I have, I don't know if it's relevant - it perhaps depends
on whether the "Global Module Index" is auto-generated or not. This is
the page I visit the most out of all the Python documentation, and
it's far too large and unwieldy. IMHO it would be much better if only
the top-level modules were shown here - having the single package
'distutils', for example, take up nearly 50 entries in the list is
almost certainly hindering a lot more people than it helps. It would
perhaps be better if such packages show up as one entry, which shows
the sub-modules when clicked on.