Hello all,
I've recently been granted commit privileges; so, following the usual
protocol, here's a quick introduction.  I'm a mathematician by day;  my
degree is in number theory, but five summers of Fortran 77 programming and
two semesters of teaching numerical analysis have given me a taste for
numerics as well.  I discovered Python around twelve years ago and found
that it fit my brain nicely (even more so after nested namespaces were
introduced) and now use it almost daily for a wide variety of tasks.  I've
been lurking on python-dev for longer than I care to admit to.  I also
dabble in Haskell and O'Caml.

I'd like to say a huge thank you to Facundo Batista:  I've been helping him
update Decimal to the most recent specification over the last few months,
and without his support and encouragement I certainly wouldn't be writing
this now---he's been a fantastic guide and mentor.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything I can help out
with;  I'm primarily interested in mathematical, numerical, and algorithmic
aspects of Python at the moment, but am looking to broaden my knowledge of
the internals.  I've got so much out of Python over the years, and I hope I
can now give something back.

Mark