> Right now Python faces a lot of problems in the webhosting world because it's
> tedious to set up and maintain for the webhosting user since they often have
> to compile and install their own Python in their home directory.

I don't understand why they *have* to do that. I can believe they do
that as they don't know better - but why can't they use the Python
interpreter already available on the system, and just install additional
packages in their home directory?

> I think this is extremely important due to the proliferation of Python now
> more and more as a choice for webapp development.

For that, I think the requirements need to be much more explicit.

Regards,
Martin