All of the abstract base classes should be collected in one place.  I propose
that the modules be collected into a package so that we can write:

   import abc.numbers
   import abc.collections
    . . .

Besides collecting all the relevant code in one place, it has a nice additional
benefit of clearly designating when you're working with one of the provided
abstract base classes.  When I see "import numbers", I don't immediately
recognize this as being somehow different from "import math" or some other
concrete implementation.

IMO. the emerging practice of spreading modules these across the library isn't
serving us well.

Raymond