On 2/18/08, Steve Holden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm not sure we should be throwing RFE's away with such casual abandon
> just because nobody had time to pay them any attention in six months -
> nor bugs neither, come to that.

Well, we have to evaluate the chances of our older tickets to come to
completion. I'm of the opinion that ticket getting older have very
small chances of ever being completed. RFE for python 2.4 are likely
to be irrelevant. old bugs are likely to already be fixed. Maybe we
could run a statistical analysis to compute the chances of a ticket
that have seen no activity for 8 months to ever be successfully
completed? How many successful tickets to we have that had a 8+ months
gap between activity? Or maybe we could just clean out the 400 tickets
that are 2+ years old? What are the chances for a 2 years old ticket
to be completed?

--
Virgil