Sorry for the double post, Jeroen :|

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthieu Brucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 21 mars 2008 10:03
Subject: Re: [Python-Dev] Python source code on Bazaar vcs
To: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

2008/3/21, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> (To provide counterweight.)
>

> -On [20080320 20:44], Barry Warsaw ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >We have not made a decision to move to Bazaar officially, nor have we
> made
> >a decision to even move off of Subversion.
>

> Good, because between this now and pytz the other 63 projects I follow use
> Subversion or Mercurial.
> Bazaar seems to be mostly limited to Ubuntu users and stuff Canonical
> does,
> so the choice for a Bazaar setup next to Subversion strikes me a bit as
> odd.
> Mercurial is also Python, distributed and with a, as far as I (can) track
> things, bigger market share than Bazaar.

Hi,

This is not quite true. One of the main bzr developers is a Windows guy, so
the user base is/will be large, far larger than only Ubuntu. A lot of
projects switched to bzr because of this. Honestly, I think that Hg and bzr
fill the same need, but bzr developement at the moment is fantastic. For a
still young product it is a good think (Hg is older).
One additional good think is that there is a Sourceforge-like site that uses
bzr ; launchpad.net. I don't know of something equivalent for Hg.

Just my two (euro) cents ;)

Matthieu
--
French PhD student