On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 6:16 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Is there any easy way that the burden of trunk -> py3k
> > merging could be moved to the original committers of
> > the trunk patches?
>
> I'm not sure I understand the question. If the committer
> of the original patch would do the merge himself, then
> certainly the burden would be on him, and that's an easy
> way.

Yes, that's all I meant:  make it the committer's job
to merge or block as appropriate.  I just wasn't sure if
there was some reason that this would be difficult or
undesirable.

I'm not suggesting that this be enforced (mechanically
or otherwise); just that it might be worth considering
instituting a policy to encourage individual committers
to take responsibility for forward porting their commits.

Mark