On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 05:04:16 am Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> > >         CompareFloatsIntegers:    274ms    274ms    0.30us
> > >  0.630ms
> >
> > Much slower, but probably due to switch from int -> long.  There
> > could be potential for optimizing this case.
>
> Well honestly you don't often compare different types. I think the
> most common exception to this rule would be None vs. non-None.

Surely the most common None vs non-None comparison would be the "is"
operator, which I hope remains fast.

I don't know about other people, but I often compare floats with ints.
Here's a contrived example:

x = some_float()
if x == -1:
    return -2
else:
    return (x**2-1)/(x+1)

I suppose it's no hardship to start writing float literals instead of
int literals, if needed.

--
Steven