On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Victor Stinner
<victor.stin...@haypocalc.com> wrote:
> Le Monday 15 December 2008 19:50:42 Josiah Carlson, vous avez écrit :
>> Would anyone mind terribly if I backported a version of:
>> http://bugs.python.org/issue4501 to 2.4 and 2.5?
>
> First the patch have be reviewed and at least applied to trunk :-)
>
> Can you give an short example to describe the bug? Maybe write an unit test?
>
> I don't know poll(), so I can't help for this issue.

One of our 3rd party users of asyncore, ftpdlib by Giampaolo Rodola,
discovered a duplicate data issue related to data with the urgent data
flag attached to TCP packets.  I don't know the underlying source of
the issue (it smells like a buffer duplication bug, but I can't see
that asyncore is doing it), but the patch does fix the issue.

But with policies being "only security issues are backported to 2.4
and 2.5", and this is definitely not a security issue, I won't
backport it.

 - Josiah