in 2.6 and before execfile is listed in builtin functions, and is not marked deprecated, and exec is in the simple statements, and is not marked deprecated.

in 3.0 execfile is not listed in builtin functions, exec is. exec is not listed in simple statements.

I guess this is an intended 3.0 change, but is this the proper way to document it?

What I was really trying to figure out is how I could specify the encoding of a file to be execfile'd in 2.6... but didn't find it so thought I'd try 3.0 to see if it would assume UTF-8, but had forgotten execfile doesn't exist in 3.0 (if I knew it; I'm new here).

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/