Hello,

<rdmurray <at> bitdance.com> writes:

> Since the 'pipe' comment is an XXX, it is not clear that my use case
> is covered.  However, the actual implementation of readinto seems to
> only call 'read' once, so as long as the 'read' of the subclass returns
> whatever bytes are available, then it looks good to me :)

The only thing I can say is that it should work as you expect it to.
But it would be great if you could give it a try and share your observations
with us. We haven't had many people report on real-world uses of the new IO
library (although we could optimistically deduce from it that people aren't
having any problems, except for the speed issue).

Regards

Antoine.