On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 09:24:25PM +0000, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
-> Rather than performance, I think some more interesting areas would be
related to
-> some of the standard library modules. For instance, the unittest module could
-> welcome some new features (test discovery, support for skipped tests,
probably
-> others that I'm forgetting about). Since this is pure Python stuff not
needing
-> any deep experience with the interpreter's internals, it would be appropriate
-> for an outsider.

Hi Antoine,

interesting idea -- but I've seen too many arguments about what the
*right* functionality to add to unittest would be to want to give it to
a student.  I think a student would probably not be willing or able to
fight the battles necessary to get his/her changes into the core...

cheers,
--titus
--
C. Titus Brown, c...@msu.edu