> I'd like to take that on. I know hardly anyone here knows me, but I'm
> one of the Mercurial developers. I've been in contact with Brett, saying
> that I'd gladly as much help as I could, and I figured I'd put a lot of
> time in providing the best possible migration path.

I'm personally happy letting you do that (although I do wonder who would
then be in charge of the Mercurial installation in the long run, the way
I have been in charge of the subversion installation).

To proceed, I think the next step should be to discuss in the PEP the
details of the migration procedure (see PEP 347 for what level of detail
I produced for the svn migration), and to set up a demo installation
that is considered ready-to-run, except that it might get torn down
again, if the actual conversion requires that (it did for the CVS->svn
case), or if problems are found with the demo installation.

I would personally remove all non-mercurial stuff out of PEP 374,
and retitle it, but that would be your choice.

Regards,
Martin