Just to make sure I am not doing something silly, with a configure line as
such: ./configure --prefix=/home/asmodai/local --with-wide-unicode
--with-pymalloc --with-threads --with-computed-gotos, would there be any
reason why I am getting the following error with both BSD make and gmake:

make: don't know how to make ./Modules/_fileio.c. Stop

[Will log an issue if it turns out to, indeed, be a problem with the tree
and not me.]

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those that trespass against us...