> Also, consider that resizing has to evaluate every object, thus paging
> in all X bytes, and assigning to another 2X bytes. Cutting X by
> (potentially 3), would probably have a small but measurable effect.

I'm *very* skeptical about claims on performance in the absence of
actual measurements. Too many effects come together, so the actual
performance is difficult to predict (and, for that prediction, you
would need *at least* a work load that you want to measure - starting
bzr would be such a workload, of course).

Regards,
Martin